1/1 Photo of Beer Battered Hot Dog Nuggets
A bite-size twist on a classic.
My Private Note
hot dog ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix the flour, egg yolks, salt, oil, and beer.
- 2Whisk until smooth.
- 3Let rest as long as possible – even overnight in the fridge.
- 4When ready to assembly the hot dogs, whisk the egg whites to stiff medium peaks in a bowl.
- 5Carefully fold the egg whites into the beer batter.
- 6Split each hot dog in half but DO NOT cut all the way through.
- 7Spread mustard in the cut and then stuff with cheese.
- 8Do not overstuff, but make sure there is an ample amount of cheese in each hot dog.
- 9Cut each hot dog into four chunks, and roll each piece in flour – then dip in the beer batter.
- 10Deep fry the chunks in oil that has reached 350 degrees.
- 11Cook until golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- 12Serve with extra mustard, ketchup, and relish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Battered Hot Dog Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (1037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 280.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g