Recipe by Missy Wombat
MacSweens Vegetarian Haggis are available all over the world http://www.macsween.co.uk/homepage.htm . This is a MrFalafel original recipe from he newsgroup alt.food.vegan
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne or 1 dash paprika
- 1 macsweens vegetarian haggis
- oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (scotch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the beer and the flour, add a little black pepper and cayenne, to make a batter.
- Unwrap the haggis and form the haggis bits into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Put about an inch of oil in a pan or wok and heat up.
- When the oil is hot, roll haggis balls one by one in the batter until fully coated and drop into the hot oil.
- Cook until the batter is golden brown and remove with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper or paper towels.
- Mix the whiskey and mustard in a little bowl to make a thin dipping sauce.
- Serve haggis balls on a platter with the dipping sauce bowl in the middle.