Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a great batter for a medley of veggies. There are many great dipping sauces out there to compliment them. Think up your own special veggies to......Batter Up! Note* Never place mushrooms in water, or rinse them off. The mushrooms will absorb the water, and will not cook well. Merely take a vegetable brush and brush any dirt off.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 carrot, cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 6 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 flour and the beer with a wooden spoon; let stand for at least 3 hours at room temperature.
- Mix eggs and milk in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil to 375°F.(190°C.).
- Dip each vegetable in the egg and milk mixture. Next dip the vegetables into the flour and seasonings mixture, finally dip the vegetables in the beer and flour mixture. Place the vegetables into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- *Note: Times do not include standing time of 3 hours.