Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
mmmm...I love fried pickles. It's really hard to find them where I live now, but hailing from the south- I knew I had to post this recipe.
- 32 ounces dill pickles, sandwich slices drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- vegetable oil
- pat pickles dry with paper towel.
- whisk egg, beer, baking powder, and salt.
- add flour, whisk until smooth.
- Pour oil 1/2" deep into large skillet or dutch oven.
- Heat over med-high ( until oil reaches about 375 degrees).
- Dip pickles into batter, let excess drip off.
- Fry 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- serve with spicy ranch.
how much flour?
These were good, my first shot at frying pickles. I would have added more flour to thicken the batter,but they were good as is. LOVED the sauce, very oniony and garlicky!
I have been craving these things for a very very long time. Just the recipe I was looking for! I added 2 cups of flour and it was a little thick so I had to add more beer. I would say 1 1/2 cups of flour would be perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe! :)