Prep 2 hrs
Cook 3 mins
A snazzy way to play with avocados *UPDATE* Some have said it's kinda mild and I agree. I came up with this originally for a cpl. fambly members who like it that way. BUT, I just now (02/24/2012) added the creole seasoning to help perk it up a bit. I hope this helps some of ya'll to enjoy it more and for those that like it mild just kinda ignore the creole addition. Have a good day peeps.
- 1 cup lager beer or 1 cup ale
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 california avocados
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tony chachere's creole seasoning (optional)
- vegetable oil, as needed (for deep frying)
- salt, as needed
- favorite salsa
- To make beer batter, whisk together beer, Tony's seasoning, flour, paprika, and garlic until well blended.
- Let stand at least 2 hours.
- Peel avocados; cut each into 6 wedges.
- Dredge 6 wedges in reserved beer batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil (370 F) until golden about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Serve wedges with fav.
Very good. The key is to let the batter sit
VERY YUMMY! I served mine with a spicy jalapeno cheese sauce.
I agree that there could have been additional spices in the batter for more zing. I served these with salsa and sour cream. (I used the extra batter for cherry peppers and they were good too.)