This is another recipe I made for a seafood platter night it was really good and again the ingredients listed below are just a guess for 4 people I think it will be about right. As I said in previous posts because I was making this as part of a large platter I cut back on everything because of all the dishes I made. I am also listing 2 of the sauces I made below; The lemon mayonnaise I served with the fish and the twist on the more traditional cocktail sauce I served with the prawns and crab meat. The lobster tails I made from French Tarts Dublin Lawyer - Lobster Dublin Style With Whiskey and Cream I wanted a quick easy recipe that would taste great and not take too long as I was going to be busy preparing other dishes this was perfect.
- 3⁄4 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 800 g white fish fillets
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 dash cognac
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 -3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch paprika
- Whisk flours, five spice, egg and beer in a bowl until smooth (I use a bar mix).
- Heat oil in deep fry pan or wok. Dip fish in batter, deep-fry fish, in batches, until crisp and cooked through. Serve with lemon mayonnaise, and lemon wedges if desired.
- Lemon Mayonnaise.
- Combine mayonnaise, rind, juice and pepper in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Cocktail Sauce.
- Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, cognac, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce and paprika in a bowl again cover and refrigerate until needed.