This recipe is So YUM. Developed by foodnetwork chef Sunny Anderson from foodnetwork. I crave it often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 12 ounces beer
- 3 (8 ounce) tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- quick-pickled onion and cucumber, recipe follows
Quick-Pickled Onion and Cucumber
- 1Fill a large pot with oil halfway up the pot. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Preheat grill.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Slowly whisk in beer until thick, but not runny. Dredge fish in remaining flour first, then dunk in the batter. Fry in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper-toweled lined plate.
- 3Meanwhile, grill tortillas on grill.
- 4Serve fish in tortillas topped with Quick-Pickled Onion and Cucumber.
- 5Quick-Pickled Onion and Cucumber:.
- 6In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil the vinegar, sugar, water, and salt. Add onions and cucumber and continue to cook a few minutes more. Remove from heat, add chile, and transfer to a bowl.
- 7Let cool slightly then chill covered, for at least 1 hour.
- 8Toss in the tomato and cilantro, 5 minutes before serving. Yields: 6 cups.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Battered Fish Tacos With Pickled Onion and Cucumber
Serving Size: 1 (792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 991.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 4307.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 45.5 g
- Protein 52.4 g