1/3 Photos of Beer Battered Fish (For Fish N'chips)
I LOVE fried fish.. always have. When dining out, nine times out of ten, I will order fish n'chips. It's getting to be very hard to find a restaurant that serves good fish n'chips anymore..So I just had to learn to make them myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, salt, and paprika.
- 2Stir in enough beer to make batter so it is barely thick enough to coat a spoon. Usually somewhere between one and two cans.
- 3(It may look too thin, but you want it that way, if it's too thick, the batter will be chewy instead of light and crunchy) Set batter aside while you heat your deep-fryer or deep pan of oil to 375 degrees. Use a candy thermometer if you need to.
- 4Peanut oil is best but any vegetable oil will do.
- 5Cut the cod fillets diagonally into 2 inch wide strips, and remove any pin bones from fish.
- 6Lightly coat fish in flour and shake off excess. This will allow batter to stick to fish.
- 7When oil is heated, dip fish in batter, let excess drip off, then fry fillets 2 or 3 at a time until golden brown.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9Serve with fries and tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Battered Fish (For Fish N'chips)
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 1003.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 46.1 g