1 hr 10 mins
Adding beer results in a wonderfully crisp and light batter that's flavourful and versatile enough to suit most seafood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly season fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- 2Place flour, yeast fennel powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 3Gradually pour in beer while whisking thoroughly.
- 4Rest batter for half an hour before use.
- 5Dredge each fish fillet in flour and shake off any excess.
- 6Dip each fillet in the batter and deep fry in hot oil at 220'c until golden brown.
- 7Serve warm with malt vinegar or tartar sauce and hot crisp chips.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Battered Fish and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 128.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 44.6 g