Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adding beer results in a wonderfully crisp and light batter that's flavourful and versatile enough to suit most seafood.
- Lightly season fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, yeast fennel powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually pour in beer while whisking thoroughly.
- Rest batter for half an hour before use.
- Dredge each fish fillet in flour and shake off any excess.
- Dip each fillet in the batter and deep fry in hot oil at 220'c until golden brown.
- Serve warm with malt vinegar or tartar sauce and hot crisp chips.