Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great beer batter fish recipe, and is very easy to do. We often fish all day with friends, and then cook the fish afterwards out on deck. Yummy and great!
- 2 quarts vegetable oil (for frying)
- 8 (4 ounce) cod fish fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix in one beer until a thin batter is formed.
- You should be able to see the fish through the batter after it has been dipped.
- Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil.
- Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.
REALLY good! My toddler loved it as well. We used Pyramid Snowcap and served it with sweet potato fries.
Amazing!We used Guinness to make it.It was so good because we had fish tacos for dinner.Sooo Yummy!
Our favorite "Fish & Chips" Recipe. Since I'm usually cooking for just the two of us we find the amount of batter to be excessive. But that can't be helped. How do you use half an egg? So now we plan on dividing the batter into quarters and using only what we need then freezing the rest for the next time.