This is a great beer batter fish recipe, and is very easy to do. We often fish all day with friends, and then cook the fish afterwards out on deck. Yummy and great!
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix in one beer until a thin batter is formed.
- You should be able to see the fish through the batter after it has been dipped.
- Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil.
- Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.
Great recipe. I had to modify rice flour & club soda for the beer to make it gluten free, and I added 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. I really like the consistency. Dredged fish in dry rice flour first & then battered. Batter coated fish really well.
Hi, i loved your batter recipe a lot. I made some changes though. Check my recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/crispy-beer-battered-tilapia-505158<br/><br/>Thank you for posting this. :)
Very good! I'll make it again.