Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and looked so good I had to submit it for ZWT5 Australia/ New Zealand region!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 24 shrimp
- 3 cups frying oil
- Combine egg, flour, beer and baking powder in a medium bowl. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
- To Batter Shrimp - 1. Hold shrimp by tail, dredge in flour, sand shake off excess. 2. Dip in egg/beer batter and allow excess to drip off. 3. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes shrimp for 30 minutes, while heating oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer or deep pan on the stove.
- Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes in oil or until golden brown, turning once. Drain shrimp on paper towels. Goes good with orange marmalade sauce.