Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are so good. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce or dip.
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- Beat the egg lightly with a whisk.
- Beat in the beer, then dry ingredients, whisking til smooth.
- Cover and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes before using.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips lengthwise.
- Heat oil in 10" skillet over a medium-high heat until oil reaches desired temperature of 360º.
- Using tongs to hold chicken strips, dip in batter and allow excess to drip off.
- Remove and carefully lower, each one into the hot oil.
- After about 1 minute, turn the strips.
- Continue to turn the strips occasionally, cooking until golden brown and done.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined tray.
- Note: Cooking time is approximate and per batch.
Surprisingly yummy for such a simple recipe. Thanks for sharing!