Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe. Taste great.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 12 chicken drumsticks (I use 4 chicken breasts)
- salt and pepper
- peanut oil (for frying)
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl, whisk in beer.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and onion.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- In large skillet, heat 2 inches of the oil.
- Dip chicken in batter and fry until done and golden brown.
These were great, I had never thought to beer batter chicken until my husband requested it. I used Alton Brown's chicken seasoning recipe instead of parsley/salt & pepper. Thank you for the recipe!
Great recipe, easy, basic. I used chicken breasts pounded flat and added a fair bit of coarse ground black pepper to the batter, and it came out great. Even our 11 year old son who hates everything admitted that it was "good."
This was very good and easy, thanks for sharing.