Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Haven't tried this yet. Sounds like a good way to use all that zucchini from the garden.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into sticks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Arrange zucchini on piece of wax paper; salt and pepper , using 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and remaining teaspoon salt in medium-size bowl.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture to a piece of wax paper. Dip both sides of zucchini in the 1/2 cup of flour mixture.
- Stir beer and lemon juice into remaining flour mixture. (Mixture will foam.) Stir until consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Dip zucchini into batter and saute half at a time in hot oil tender and golden brown . Keep warm in oven while sauteing remaining zucchini.