Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are light, tasty shrimp and are NOT coated with a thick batter. I like to serve these with a variety of sauces: cocktail, flavored butter sauce and maybe even a tartar sauce for those who like it. I've been preparing shrimp this way for almost 20 years and it's still my favorite way to serve fried shrimp. (Prep time includes time needed to prepare shrimp)
- 2 lbs deheaded peeled shrimp (leave tail on for dipping)
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- oil (for deep frying)
- Pour beer in a mixing bowl.
- Add flour, salt and paprika.
- Whisk together until mixture is light and frothy.
- Add shrimp to beer mixture and stir.
- Remove shrimp, one at a time, and place in oil and deep fry.
- Drain on paper towels.
Very easy to make,has a great taste and is definitely a keeper. My whole family loved the taste of the shrimp with this batter recipe. Thanks for posting.