Montana Heart Song's Note:
Long half-inch wide peeled potatoes or thin slices of cauliflower, across the grain, dipped in batter and fried in oil or oven. I like to use vegetables that have minimum water content, less spatter and batter holds while frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 russet potatoes, peeled, cut potato length 2 inch wide strips
- 1 whole cauliflower, broken into individual sections
- 1 cup flour or 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mccormick all seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 quart oil
- Pam cooking spray
- lemon juice (optional)
- 1Wrap towels around the cut potatoes, pat dry. Cut thin slices of each floret, across the grain.
- 2In large mixing bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and all seasoning. Blend well.
- 3In medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, then add beer and mix.
- 4Add liquid to dry mixture and beat until blended. Batter must not be runny. If it is too thick add a tbsp of beer at a time until it is batter that will hold to the vegetables.
- 5Note: The size of the eggs determine the amount of additional beer needed.
- 6Heat oil to 375°F Dip 6 to 8 potatoes slices into batter at a time, the same with the cauliflower slices.
- 7Fry until golden brown.
- 8Place each batch in a large warmed plate with cover.
- 9Do not use an ale or strong flavored beer.
- 10This batter can be used with sliced yams, long 2 inch strips and fish if desired.
- 11Some like to squirt lemon juice on the slices, then dip in sauce of their choice or eat with just the lemon juice and seasoned batter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Seasoned Fries, Potatoes & Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1220.3
- Calories from Fat 996
- Total Fat 110.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: