Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Beer and caraway seeds flavor this rye casserole bread. Good with ham or roasted meats, it’s great for making sandwiches!
- Measure 1 cup of the bread flour, all the rye flour, and the yeast, caraway seeds, and salt into large bowl of electric mixer.
- In saucepan, heat beer, oil, and molasses to 120°F – 130°F Pour liquids over dry ingredients in bowl and beat on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes, clean down bowl with rubber spatula. Add remaining bread flour and stir until flour is evenly blended into mixture.
- Turn batter into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Let rise in warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F Bake until wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then remove bread from baking dish and cool on wire rack.
- Great Whole Grain Breads B. Ojakangas.
Easy to make and what a lovely soft rye bread!