Beer and caraway seeds flavor this rye casserole bread. Good with ham or roasted meats, it’s great for making sandwiches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure 1 cup of the bread flour, all the rye flour, and the yeast, caraway seeds, and salt into large bowl of electric mixer.
- 2In saucepan, heat beer, oil, and molasses to 120°F – 130°F Pour liquids over dry ingredients in bowl and beat on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes, clean down bowl with rubber spatula. Add remaining bread flour and stir until flour is evenly blended into mixture.
- 3Turn batter into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Let rise in warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4Heat oven to 350°F Bake until wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then remove bread from baking dish and cool on wire rack.
- 5Great Whole Grain Breads B. Ojakangas.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g