Prep 1 hr 19 mins
Cook 40 mins
Beer batter marinade chicken and deep fry.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) bottlestsingtao beer
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- yellow food coloring
- cold water
- Cut up the chicken into 10 pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl blend beer, soy sauce, 2 tbsp oil, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Add in the chicken pieces and mix well. Let the mixture stand for 1 hour and longer.
- In a mixing bowl blend flour, cornstarch, egg, food color and ice cold water into a thick batter. Let this set for 30 minutes before using.
- Pour the batter over the marinade chicken pieces and blend well.
- In a deep fryer fill with oil and when the temperature is at 350? add in small amount of battered chicken pieces and fried to a golden brown. When the chicken is done remove and drain onto paper towel.