Beer Batter Fried Chicken
- Cut up the chicken into 10 pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl blend beer, soy sauce, 2 tbsp oil, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Add in the chicken pieces and mix well. Let the mixture stand for 1 hour and longer.
- In a mixing bowl blend flour, cornstarch, egg, food color and ice cold water into a thick batter. Let this set for 30 minutes before using.
- Pour the batter over the marinade chicken pieces and blend well.
- In a deep fryer fill with oil and when the temperature is at 350? add in small amount of battered chicken pieces and fried to a golden brown. When the chicken is done remove and drain onto paper towel.