Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
Delicious batter fried chicken.
Top Review by NicoleJ
This is WONDERFUL! I was using boneless skinless thighs, so I didn't boil first. I'm cooking it right now and my husband is already mad b/c he's worried the kids will like it. I used Heineken beer b/c that's all hubby had on hand. Thanks Jodi!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens (cut up)
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- Crisco cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken.
- In a large saucepan, cover chicken with lightly salted water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- For batter, in a bowl combine bisquick mix, onion salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- In another bowl stir together egg and beer; add to bisquick mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy 3 quart saucepan or deep fat fryer heat 1 1/4 inches of oil or shortening to 365 degrees.
- Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into batter, gently shaking off excess batter.
- Carefully lower into the hot oil.
- Fry, two or three pieces at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Keep warm.