Recipe by Chief Jack
These are Great!
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Excellent! My son requested deep fried scallops for his New Year's Eve meal. I didn't have a recipe, so I searched 'zaar and I'm glad that I did. Very simple to prepare and the batter was tasty (didn't taste like beer) and fairly light. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1 cup self rising flour, split in half
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 1 can beer
- 5 -6 dashes hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the scallops and drain to a towel.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the flour, the corn meal, hot sauce, salt and pepper with enough beer to make a batter a little thinner than a pancake batter.
- Put the remaining flour in a plastic bag, add the scallops, close the bag and shake well to coat them evenly.
- Remove batches of the scallops, coat well in the batter and fry in the pre- heated oil until golden brown.
- Remove the scallops from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- These go great with batter fried okra, a big baked potato and Cocktail Sauce on the side.