Chief Jack's Note:
These are Great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the scallops and drain to a towel.
- 2In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the flour, the corn meal, hot sauce, salt and pepper with enough beer to make a batter a little thinner than a pancake batter.
- 3Put the remaining flour in a plastic bag, add the scallops, close the bag and shake well to coat them evenly.
- 4Remove batches of the scallops, coat well in the batter and fry in the pre- heated oil until golden brown.
- 5Remove the scallops from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- 6These go great with batter fried okra, a big baked potato and Cocktail Sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Fried Bay Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 1178.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 27.3 g