Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are Great!
Make and share this Beer Batter Fried Bay Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1 cup self rising flour, split in half
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 1 can beer
- 5 -6 dashes hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Rinse the scallops and drain to a towel.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the flour, the corn meal, hot sauce, salt and pepper with enough beer to make a batter a little thinner than a pancake batter.
- Put the remaining flour in a plastic bag, add the scallops, close the bag and shake well to coat them evenly.
- Remove batches of the scallops, coat well in the batter and fry in the pre- heated oil until golden brown.
- Remove the scallops from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- These go great with batter fried okra, a big baked potato and Cocktail Sauce on the side.
Excellent! My son requested deep fried scallops for his New Year's Eve meal. I didn't have a recipe, so I searched 'zaar and I'm glad that I did. Very simple to prepare and the batter was tasty (didn't taste like beer) and fairly light. Thanks!
I used shrimp instead of the scallops that the recipe called for and let me tell you that this is the best batter that we have ever used. My husband said to be sure and put this recipe in my hand written \