Recipe by Shawn C
I remember my dad making this for fried fresh Atlantic shrimp that we all went and caught ourselves! Wonderful for all types of tempura cooking. REMEMBER to add beer a little at a time (it won't take a whole beer!) and you must chill to let set. DO NOT POUR ALL LIQUID IN AT ONCE!! A LITTLE AT A TIME. AND ALLOW CHILL TIME TO "SET" BATTER.
Top Review by STARTERWIFE
What happened here? I re-read this twice to make sure I had it right-batter was so thin wouldnt coat the rings,went ahead ,fried one to see,nope,like dipping it in water,sorry,this didnt work for me.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add beer a little at a time until desired thickness (about the thickness of pancake batter).
- Add any spice you would like at this point (hot sauce or Cajun season or lemon juice, garlic powder or crushed).
- Place what you are frying on a cookie sheet (at least 1/4-inch deep) lined with wax paper.
- Pour mixture over food and chill for one hour.
- Remove when ready to fry and drop one at a time in hot oil until golden brown.