1/2 Photos of Beer Batter for Tempura
Shawn C's Note:
I remember my dad making this for fried fresh Atlantic shrimp that we all went and caught ourselves! Wonderful for all types of tempura cooking. REMEMBER to add beer a little at a time (it won't take a whole beer!) and you must chill to let set. DO NOT POUR ALL LIQUID IN AT ONCE!! A LITTLE AT A TIME. AND ALLOW CHILL TIME TO "SET" BATTER.
My Private Note
cup rou ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- 2Add beer a little at a time until desired thickness (about the thickness of pancake batter).
- 3Add any spice you would like at this point (hot sauce or Cajun season or lemon juice, garlic powder or crushed).
- 4Place what you are frying on a cookie sheet (at least 1/4-inch deep) lined with wax paper.
- 5Pour mixture over food and chill for one hour.
- 6Remove when ready to fry and drop one at a time in hot oil until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter for Tempura
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1314.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: