Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of the best batter recipes going! The secret ingredient: Beer!
Make and share this Beer Batter for Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in center; pour in water, beer and egg, whisking to make a smooth batter.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in large saucepan to 350.
- Dip fish fillets in batter, adding to hot oil one at a time.
- Cook about 5 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden and crisp.
- Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining fish.