1/2 Photos of Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Adapted from PILCookbooks.com. Cooking with Beer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cream of wheat (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut, divided
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- peanut oil (for frying)
- Chinese duck sauce or other dipping sauce
- 1Preheat oil in deep fryer or heavy sauce pan to 360°F.
- 2Combine beer,flour, Cream of Wheat, salt and paprika in a medium bowl, Stir in 1 cup coconut; mix well and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Place remaining coconut in a shallow bowl.
- 4Place shrimp in batter and stir to coat. Remove shrimp individually and dip into coconut, covering evenly. Fry shrimp in batches 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 5Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1244.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 23.5 g