Recipe by Rick Young
A delicious finger food. Eat your's first 'cuz the mob will devour the rest without saving any for the cook.
Top Review by morelhunter
This was very good. It was easy to prepare, tasted excellent and all the ingredients are easily obtained. I've made it twice-the first time according to the recipe, the second time, I did tweek it a bit. After taking it out of the marinade, I floured the chicken, rolled it in the batter and floured it again. This was the extra crispy version. I will make this for years to come, it was a big hit. Thanks so much for sharing this Rick.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white, beaten until stiff
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless,boneless,cut into large strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons your favorite hot sauce
- peanut oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Add the beer.
- Using a whisk, mix well and then add water and mix until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg white and mix well.
- Place into refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce together and add chicken strips.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll chicken in your batter.
- Deep fry until golden brown, then drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.