Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious finger food. Eat your's first 'cuz the mob will devour the rest without saving any for the cook.
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Add the beer.
- Using a whisk, mix well and then add water and mix until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg white and mix well.
- Place into refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce together and add chicken strips.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll chicken in your batter.
- Deep fry until golden brown, then drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
This was very good. It was easy to prepare, tasted excellent and all the ingredients are easily obtained. I've made it twice-the first time according to the recipe, the second time, I did tweek it a bit. After taking it out of the marinade, I floured the chicken, rolled it in the batter and floured it again. This was the extra crispy version. I will make this for years to come, it was a big hit. Thanks so much for sharing this Rick.
Made the recipe but doubled because I used more chicken. Also, I only let the batter refrigerate for about an hour (only because I did not realize it had to and had no time!) The chicken "fingers" were delicious and will make again. However, we felt the batter needed some more seasoning (tasted sort of bland) so next time I will add pepper and some other spices when I prepare the batter. Overall great "finger" food!
I tried these after much prodding from the chef. I must say though, that they were fabulous. The only thing I did different was add a bit of Tabasco which is just a personal thing. I tend to be a little more critical of this chef, but these were fabulous and I'll be making them again.