Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
America's Test Kitchen
Make and share this Beer Batter Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Adjust oven rack to the middle of oven; preheat to 375°.
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Stir the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the beer and melted butter until just combined (do not overmix).
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan; smooth the top, and brush lightly with extra melted butter (about 1 tablespoon).
- Bake until golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs attached, 40-45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out on a wire rack; cool for 1 hour before serving.