1 hr 15 mins
America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to the middle of oven; preheat to 375°.
- 2Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- 3Stir the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- 4Stir in the beer and melted butter until just combined (do not overmix).
- 5Scrape the batter into the prepared pan; smooth the top, and brush lightly with extra melted butter (about 1 tablespoon).
- 6Bake until golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs attached, 40-45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
- 7Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out on a wire rack; cool for 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.5
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 523.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g