1/7 Photos of Beer Batter Cheese Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This is a quick and easy bread that you can make ahead and freeze - goes great with a hot chili dish!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350-F degrees and thoroughly grease the inside (bottom and all four sides) of a single loaf pan. Reserve.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, sift flour and sugar together. Add grated cheddar cheese and chopped green onions. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together. Add beer and stir until the ingredients are uniformly moistened.
- 3Spoon bread dough mixture into a well-greased loaf pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until the loaf is golden brown and emits a hollow sound when tapped. Cool on a wire rack, and store in an airtight container.
- 4May freeze for up to 90 days. Slice to serve.
- 5Tip: Prepare your own self-rising flour! For every cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simply sift together the ingredients and store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (938 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2214.2
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 5600.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 344.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 51.9 g
- Protein 72.0 g