Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This came from Kraft Foods. It is quick easy and very good.
- 3 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons prepared spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour into greased 2 qrt.
- round casserole,or 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove from casserole and cut into 16 wedges.
This recipe did not come out as good as I expected it to. I baked it in a casserole dish (I thought-nice presentation)and ended up baking it 65 minutes, when I thought it tested done with a toothpick. I cooled it & we sliced into it for dinner. Unfortunately, it was still not cooked all the way through. I ended up slicing it & re-baking it in the oven. Perhaps it needs to be baked at a higher temperature (my oven is accurate - I use a thermometer to check the temp before baking anything). I used an old cheddar and a mild beer expecting a flavour explosion especially with the addition of mustard, but it still needed some additional seasoning. This recipe has possibilities - just needs some adjustments. Made for MY 3 CHEFS November '09.