Recipe by ellie_
Delicious barbecued chicken great for summer barbecues. Adapted from Bon Appetit (June, 1981).
Top Review by Denise Nachtigal
Oooo...this made GREAT sauce. I made it as written. Next time I might add just a bit more beer, but other than that, it's great the way it is. Thanks for posting! This one's a keeper! :)
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 1360.77 g chicken, cut up
- 396.89 g bottle barbecue sauce (we use KP Masterpiece)
- 236.59 ml beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1 stick butter or margarine in baking pan (9x13-inches).
- Add chicken to pan, turning to coat.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, melt remaining butter with barbecue sauce and beer in saucepan over med-high heat.
- Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat broiler or prepare barbecue.
- Coat chicken with sauce.
- Arrange chicken skin-side down on broiler pan rack or on grill.
- Cook, turning and basting frequently until chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes in broiler and 30 minutes on grill).
- Dip chicken in sauce again and place on serving plate.
- Serve chicken with remaining sauce.