Recipe by sassycat=^..^=
This ia a very flavorful sauce. Also is wonderful on any meat.
Top Review by lauralie41
Wonderful barbecue sauce! I didnt have a bottle of barbecue sauce at home so I made Ed Paulhus's Recipe #2887 which worked very well with this recipe. Since there was a lot of onion flakes in Ed's recipe and I used red wine vinegar with garlic and a rustic garlicy mustard I did not add the garlic or onion at the end. Very good flavor, not overly tangy or sweet, perfect balance. I have boneless pork chops marinating in the refrigerator that DH will put on the grill tomorrow for dinner. Thank you Lacy for posting this great barbecue sauce recipe!
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine barbecue sauce, ketchup, beer, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, pepper, garlicand onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Put food in the sauce and let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours or you can leave in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook your meat, remove food and place the sauce in a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- You can use the sauce for basting or serving with cooked food.