- 1⁄3 lb bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can beer
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup mustard (use spicy brown for a more spicy flavor)
- 5 (16 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained. (also called cannillini)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- Fry bacon in a dutch oven or oven proof pan.
- until browned.
- Remove bacon to paper towels, but leave bacon fat in pan.
- Cook the onions in the bacon fat until very lightly browned.
- Add beer, catsup, honey and mustard.
- Cook and stir until alittle thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and crumbled bacon.
- Simmer for a few minutes and then cover tightly and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake another 30 minutes until most liquid is absorbed.