Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These crockpot baked beans have a wonderful flavor and are great to take to a covered dish lunch.
Make and share this Beer Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cansbush brown sugar baked beans
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger, cooked
- 1 (18 ounce) bottlebullseye barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 ounces beer
- sautee onion and pepper in butter.
- Add all ingredients into crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
I made a vegetarian version of this recipe. I used vegetarian beans and omitted the hamburger. This recipe adds a great flavor to ordinary canned baked beans. Next time I will remember that I need to partially drain the beans since I leave out the hamburger. It was slightly soupy. This is a great recipe though!
These are excellent beans! I used vegetarian beans instead of brown sugar to cut down on the sweetness just a little and I used Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce otherwise I made as posted. The flavor is very good and these could easily be a meal in themselves. They would be great for a potluck because they make a ton and are easy to put together. Thanks for posting a keeper!