1/6 Photos of Beer-And-Sriracha-Marinated Beef Lettuce Cups
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This dish is based on umami, which is popularly referred to as savoriness. It is one of the five basic tastes together with sweet, sour, bitter, and salty. Marinade for at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours. From NPR.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml dark beer
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of, plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 29.58 ml sriracha garlic sauce, plus more as condiment
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 907.18 g New York strip steaks or 907.18 g rib eye steaks, cut crosswise in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1-2 red jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml fresh mint leaves
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 78.07 ml sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 473.18 ml basmati rice, cooked
- 1-2 head green leaf lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 14.79 ml peanut oil or 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1For the marinade, whisk together soy sauce, beer, garlic, sugar, 2 tablespoons lime juice, Sriracha and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add meat and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate covered up to 24 hours.
- 2To Prepare Condiments. Toss carrot with remaining lime juice and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Place peppers, green onions, mint, cilantro, sesame seeds, sriracha and rice in individual serving bowls. Arrange lettuce on a platter.
- 3To Prepare the Steak: Heat peanut or vegetable oil in a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add beef strips in batches in one layer without overcrowding. Brown on both sides. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- 4Once all the beef has been browned, pour the remaining marinade and any collected meat juices into the skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping up any bits and reduce until somewhat thickened. Pour into a small bowl.
- 5To serve, top a lettuce leaf with a few spoonfuls of rice, 1-2 meat strips, and a spoonful of the marinade reduction. Sprinkle with the other condiments and drizzle with sriracha. Roll up and eat.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer-And-Sriracha-Marinated Beef Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.5
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 1555.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: