Recipe by Nif
Simmering the ribs in beer imparts a real beer flavour to the meat. All the better to accentuate the beer, bourbon, coffee and chipotle flavours of Smokin’ Stampede sauce. This is a slightly modified recipe from the President's Choice website. It includes PC products, so I named what could best be used in case you don't live near a Loblaw's store! It's the method that counts the most with this recipe. It is recommended to serve these ribs with 4 Ingredient Tangy Coleslaw. Enjoy!
- 4 (12 ounce) cans lager beer (light de-alcoholized is fine)
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 rack pork back ribs, cut in half (about 1-1/4 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup beer & chipotle barbecue sauce (If you can't get this sauce, try and get something that mimics the flavours mentioned in the descrip)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine beer, onion and bay leaves. Cover. Bring to a boil. Add ribs to beer; reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-low heat.
- Drain ribs, discarding cooking liquid. Place hot ribs on large plate; immediately coat with some of BBQ sauce. Place ribs on greased grill. Close lid; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning and brushing with more sauce every 5 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut between ribs. Serve with coleslaw, if desired.