Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Throw the ingredients together and let the oven do the rest.
- 4 lbs beef brisket, fat removed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces chili sauce
- 6 ounces beer
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Remove fat from under brisket with a sharp knife. I use an electric knife which works great.
- Season brisket with fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Flour lightly; sprinkle paprika and brown until golden on both sides with the oil.
- Place meat in heavy pot with lid. Add onions.
- Mix chili sauce with the beer and pour over meat; cover tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 3 hours or until tender.
- Strain gravy;let meat cool slightly before cutting. Slice beef with very sharp knife going across grain into thin slices.
- Delicious serve with buttered noodles or orzo.