Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Serve with rye bread croutons. From Pillsbury.
Make and share this Beer and Cheese Potato Chowder (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (Cheddar and American blend)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- rye bread, cut into pieces
- In a 3-4 qt crock pot, combine potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic and pepper; stir gently to mix. Pour broth and beer over vegetable.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving coarsely mash vegetables with potato masker or fork. Add cheese and whipping cream; stir until cheese is melted. Cover; cook an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with croutons.
- Rye Croutons:.
- arrange a single layer of cubed rye bread on a cookie sheet. Toast them in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes until the croutons are golden and dry.
Something in this soup did not mesh with my flavor buds. Thank you for sharing, though!
The man said this one was bland and that the flavors didn't quite meld. I was pretty hungry so I thought it was okay. I also added hot pepper flakes.
This was just okay. I followed the recipe exactly and found the taste to be a little bland. We ended up sprinkling our bowls with hot pepper flakes to give it more flavor.