Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with rye bread croutons. From Pillsbury.
Make and share this Beer and Cheese Potato Chowder (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (Cheddar and American blend)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- rye bread, cut into pieces
- In a 3-4 qt crock pot, combine potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic and pepper; stir gently to mix. Pour broth and beer over vegetable.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving coarsely mash vegetables with potato masker or fork. Add cheese and whipping cream; stir until cheese is melted. Cover; cook an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with croutons.
- Rye Croutons:.
- arrange a single layer of cubed rye bread on a cookie sheet. Toast them in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes until the croutons are golden and dry.