Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Here's another recipe clipped from a magazine in November of 2007. This is very good!
- 3 (5 ounce) jarssharp cheese spread, such as Kraft Old English Cheese, at room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup dark beer, heated and cooled, plus extra, if needed
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread, such as the mini loaves you may find at the deli counter (optional)
- assorted crudites (optional)
- Blend cheese spread, cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic, hot sauce, onion and butter in a food processor.
- Add more beer if necessary, a few tablespoons at a time, until dip reaches dip consistency.
- Pour into bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with bread slices and crudites.
- Optional: hollow out a round loaf of pumpernickel and spoon the dip in; then serve.