Recipe by Geema
The beer in this recipe makes the bread rise well and gives it a malty flavor, depending on the kind of beer you use. We like using a dark beer. Try this toasted with your favorite soup or stew.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounces beer, flat
- 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm beer and cheese over low heat on top of stove or in microwave.
- Cheese doesn't need to melt completely.
- Place the warm beer/cheese mixture and butter into your bread machine.
- Next add the flour, sugar and then the yeast in a little hole dug in the middle of the flour.
- Finally sprinkle the salt around the edges of the flour, away from the yeast.
- Set machine for 2 pound loaf, white bread.
- Every machine is a little different, so please check your instructions and add the ingredients in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Let this bread cool almost completely before slicing.