1/1 Photo of Beer and Cheddar Soup
1 hr 5 mins
A soup lover’s delight, hearty yet subtly flavored; serve with toasted French bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3 quart saucepan, combine beer and bouillon powder or granules.
- 2Cook over medium heat stirring frequently, until dissolved.
- 3Add carrot and celery.
- 4Separate onion into rings; add to beer mixture.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes Place flour in small bowl.
- 7Gradually stir or whisk in 1 1/2 cups milk until smooth.
- 8Gradually stir into soup until blended.
- 9Stir remaining 1 1/2 cups milk into soup.
- 10Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 11Add cheese a little at a time, stirring after each addition, until cheese melts.
- 12Add salt and pepper.
- 13Cook 1 minute; do not boil.
- 14Serve immediately.
- 15Herbs, Spices & Flavorings.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer and Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.1
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 2388.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 25.3 g