Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I first tried this recipe because it sounded unusual and I was curious. To my surprise, it was actually very good, nice texture and taste! --NOTE-- Use a block of cheddar cheese and grate it finely. If you use packaged pre-shredded cheese it won't melt correctly when baking!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sweet butter, melted
- butter (to grease pan)
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, slightly whipped
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- For crust, combine crumbs with melted butter.
- Press on bottom and sides of a buttered 8-inch spring-form pan.
- For filling, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice, beer, and cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in cream.
- Pour into the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until center is set (cake will be golden in color).
- Do not remove from oven.
- Turn the oven off and allow the cake to remain in the oven with the door slightly open to let the heat out gradually.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Chill before serving.