Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Slow cooked in a Crock Pot for 8 to 10 hours on LOW. This comes from a number of screw ups. It took me a few years to get this to where I am proud of it. Using a crock pot is a lot like using my smoker. Low and Slow.
- 4 lbs beef round rump roast (Boneless)
- 1.5 (18 ounce) cans dark beer, of your liking (it seems to work best)
- 1 tablespoon spoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon spoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (to taste)
- Trim all the fat off the Roast.
- Place the roast In a large Slow Cooker.
- Poor the beer over the roast.
- Add the rest of the ingredients then turn roast over.
- Turn slow cooker on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Turn roast over at approximately 4 hours.
- At the end of the 8 hours remove the roast and place on large platter. Pull it apart with 2 forks shredding it. add some of the juice onto the meat, serve on a toasted bun.
- You can eat it plain or use bbq sauce. I prefer creamy horse radish myself.