1/3 Photos of Beer and Beef Crock Pot
8 hrs 30 mins
We like this with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice and vegetables. I usually do not thicken the sauce, but that is a personal preference. I have made this with different types of beer, light, strong and sweet depending what was on hand. It freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the beer to the crock pot, turn the control to high.
- 2Cut the beef into cubes, coat with the flour and brown in half of the butter, you might have to do this in batches.
- 3Transfer the browned beef to the crock pot.
- 4Using the rest of the butter brown the onions, add garlic, tomato puree and cayenne if using.
- 5Add to the crock pot together with the bay leaves and salt and pepper.
- 6Now turn the crock pot to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours, until the beef is tender.
- 7If you want to thicken the sauce add about 2 tablespoons of flour made into a paste, about 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir that in, you will have to turn the crock pot on high for this.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer and Beef Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1055.1
- Calories from Fat 653
- Total Fat 72.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 250.0 mg
- Sodium 280.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 65.5 g