Recipe by Teddy's Mommy
I picked this up at Beekman & Beekman website. They offer "pure varietal honeys". http://www.beekmanandbeekman.com/ It sounded SO good I wanted to save it for later! Prep time includes 3 hour marination time (it says 2-4 I picked 3 LOL) as well as how long I think it'll take to do the other stuff.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon culinary lavender
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sage honey (Beekman & Beekman brand suggested)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven at 325°F.
- Combine the vinegar, sage honey, lavender, rosemary, pressed garlic, lemon juice and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Warm slightly if needed to blend.
- Gently pound the chicken breasts into a consistent thickness, approximately 1/4 inch.
- Place marinade and pounded chicken in Ziploc bag.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- After the chicken has sufficiently marinated, remove from bag and lay skinned side down on flat surface.
- Salt and pepper and cover with a layer of ricotta cheese
- Place 1-2 oz of thinly sliced pancetta over the ricotta cheese
- Tightly roll the chicken breast.
- Bake covered in the oven for 25 minutes at 325°F.