Recipe by ida ku zaifah
Submitted for RSC #9.
Top Review by Mme M
I liked this substantial omelette, though I halved it. I chopped the white onion and cooked it until golden, then added the ground beef, and red chile. I boiled a little over a cup of water, added a beef bouillon cube, and cooked the carrot cubes till just tender. I then took out the carrot with a slotted spoon, and used the bouillon to soften the noodles. I heated oil in an omelette pan, and browned the spring onion. With the pan hot, I added the carrots, noodles, beef and chile, then added the eggs. Next, I added the tomato cubes. I browned the top layer under the oven grill. Lastly, I let the omelette cool on a plate, and cut it into wedges that I dipped in chili sauce. Very nice Beehoon omelette!
- 100 g thin rice noodles, beehoon noodles
- 6 large eggs
- 1 white onion, minced
- 236.59 ml minced beef
- 1 small carrot, cubed
- 1 tomatoes, remove seeds, cubed
- 1 red chile, remove seed, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 beef bouillon cube
- salt, sugar and pepper
- 29.58 ml oil
- 29.58 ml oil, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Soaked noodles in hot boiling water until soft and drain.
- Beat eggs in large bowl for 1 minute, add seasoning and beat till combine. Pour eggs mixture over noodle.
- Heat oil in a small pan or skillet. Stir fry carrots, onions, mince beef for 5 minutes. Drain and mix with eggs and noodles mixture. Mix in tomato, red chillies and spring onion.
- Heat oil, pour half of the eggs noodles mixture and cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Repeat with the other half of the mixture.
- Remove from heat and cut into wedges.
- Serve hot. Dip in tomato or chilli sauce.