1/1 Photo of Beehive Snacks- Peanut Butter Honey Balls
Perfectionist cook's Note:
This is a simple recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens magazine. It's simple enough for kids to make, tastes good and is vegan to boot! I have made it as written but prefer it with some chocolate covering, whether truffle, chocolate flakes or dipped in melted chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine icing sugar, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl.
- 2Add Rice Krispies (Rice Bubbles) and mix well.
- 3Put non-pareils in a shallow bowl.
- 4Make small balls from the mixture and toss in the non-pareils.
- 5Put onto lined tray and refrigerate for an hour until firm.
- 6Store in the fridge for a week.
- 7You can toss them alternatively in grated chocolate or chocolate sprinkles etc.
- 8NB: I found that the balls were a bit dry and the non-pareils didn't stick easily. I first dipped the balls into a mixture of 1 tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of water, and then into the coating. This worked well for me, but I believe my peanut butter wasn't very oily which is why the mixture turned out a bit stiff. If you see that your balls are a bit dry, I recommend the extra step.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beehive Snacks- Peanut Butter Honey Balls
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 166.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: