Recipe by JESMom
Such a cute activity for kids to help with! They can make the beehives and of course do all the mixing. These rise for 1 hour and then another 15 minutes; this time isn't included in the prep or bake time. From Easy to Bake, Easy to Make.
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2⁄3 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in milk, /4 cup honey and 1/4 cup butter. Add salt and enough flour to make soft dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl turning to grease the top also. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half of dough into a 12 X 6 inch rectangle.
- Cut one inch strips from the long edge of each rectangle. Curl into a behive shape with a wider base and narrower top on the baking sheet.
- Cover; let rise until doubled in size again, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake buns until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Combine honey and butter in a small saucepan until butter melts.
- Drizzle over buns.