Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Best of Country Cooking 2002 submitted by Marilyn Chesbrough.
Make and share this Beefy Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) canseach condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- In a dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and Italian seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add 2 cups water, onions, celery, rice, bouillon, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the soup, mushrooms and remaining water.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.