Recipe by msmichelle4
I love white rice and I love just plain old cooked hamburger, so I combined the two, added a few spices and got a great combination that I thought I would share! I would eat this at a main dish, or a side dish, try it how ever you like it! Add a little more or a little less cayenne pepper according to how spicy you prefer it.
Top Review by Marni Ulch
Oh My! This is sooo good! I, too, love white rice and hamburger meat, and with two little boys constantly under foot, I had to have a super easy/quick recipe for tonight's supper. They both ate it right up. No complaints! Thank you for the great recipe. It's a keeper...
- 1 1⁄4 ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's beef consomme
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium high heat, add chopped onion and stir until onion is soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add sirloin and stir until mostly cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Do not drain, if using sirloin there will not be much fat.
- Add one can of beef consomme, then fill the can with water and add to pan. The water may froth in the can, so I added a little extra water to compensate. Stir through and add the rice, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and stir through before serving.