Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love white rice and I love just plain old cooked hamburger, so I combined the two, added a few spices and got a great combination that I thought I would share! I would eat this at a main dish, or a side dish, try it how ever you like it! Add a little more or a little less cayenne pepper according to how spicy you prefer it.
- 1 1⁄4 ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's beef consomme
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt butter over medium high heat, add chopped onion and stir until onion is soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add sirloin and stir until mostly cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Do not drain, if using sirloin there will not be much fat.
- Add one can of beef consomme, then fill the can with water and add to pan. The water may froth in the can, so I added a little extra water to compensate. Stir through and add the rice, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and stir through before serving.