Recipe by jkm.11.18.
Tastes like beef without the fat and calories. Plus around here, turkey is cheaper than beef. DH Had no clue!!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
These burgers were good but a little on the dry side. I'm thinking they needed more then a 1/4 cup of liquid mixed with the bouillon. It also may be the nature of the turkey. I used ground thigh meat as I figured it would be moister. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 beef bouillon cubes (dissolved in about 1/4 cup boiling water)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (Use your fingers, it works the best!). Add more bouillon if you like a stronger beef flavor. Let it sit for about 15 minutes to soak all the flavor.
- Take wax paper, parchment paper or foil and cut 12 square shaped pieces.
- Lay the wax paper down on the counter, and make a patty from the meat and place on top, layer another sheet and patty up to 2 patties. I made 12 patties, but you can make bigger ones than I did.
- Place remaining patties and wax paper in a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze nicely for up to a month. Pull them out as needed. Great grilled or even just placed in the broiler.
- Cooking time is about 10-15 minutes.