Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tastes like beef without the fat and calories. Plus around here, turkey is cheaper than beef. DH Had no clue!!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 beef bouillon cubes (dissolved in about 1/4 cup boiling water)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (Use your fingers, it works the best!). Add more bouillon if you like a stronger beef flavor. Let it sit for about 15 minutes to soak all the flavor.
- Take wax paper, parchment paper or foil and cut 12 square shaped pieces.
- Lay the wax paper down on the counter, and make a patty from the meat and place on top, layer another sheet and patty up to 2 patties. I made 12 patties, but you can make bigger ones than I did.
- Place remaining patties and wax paper in a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze nicely for up to a month. Pull them out as needed. Great grilled or even just placed in the broiler.
- Cooking time is about 10-15 minutes.
These burgers were good but a little on the dry side. I'm thinking they needed more then a 1/4 cup of liquid mixed with the bouillon. It also may be the nature of the turkey. I used ground thigh meat as I figured it would be moister. Made for Fall PAC 2009.